I have been thinking a lot about doors lately, and think I want explore doors as a concept in my writing over the next few days, or however long my fascination lasts….
They are so seemingly innocuous, but really anything could be behind them. They raise a lot of questions, when one thinks about them closely, such as:
- What are they keeping out?
- What are they keeping in?
- Who’s behind them?
- What those on the other side doing?
- Why are they shutting me (and possibly you) out?
- Why are some locked?
- Why do some have really big, heavy duty locks? What does that say?
- Why do some have no locks at all?
- Why are some propped open, seemingly inviting entry?
There’s so much to write about doors.
Let’s see if we can’t get a writing theme going around doors in the reader.
Post your exploration of doors in writing, and let each comment and critique each others — think of it as community building exercise for WordPress writers.
I will post my first exploration tonight, after I get home, close some doors, open others and like mental doors to creativity, and after my chores of course….*sigh*
If people want to do this, maybe start their posts with Let’s Explore — Doors — <Title of Post>?
Not sure how that will work to tie these all together (if a lot of us try this). I think this could be a really fun way to connect and explore a common theme in our writing — if anyone is willing? If not, it’ll be just me…